Leaving a gift in your Will
We all may need assistance from West Suffolk Hospital NHS Foundation Trust at some point in our lives, whether it is for a serious medical condition, a minor accident or the birth of our children. At times like these we really value the very best medical care being available.
At West Suffolk Hospital, gifts made in Wills to My WiSH Charity are a vital part of the charity’s funding to provide the extra special touches that make a huge difference for patients, their families and staff. All legacies, no matter how large or small, make an enormous difference allowing the hospital to offer the best treatment and experience.
Leaving a gift in your Will is such a special thing to do. It is not only a way of showing your gratitude for the care you or a loved one has received, making a Will also provides peace of mind and gives you a chance to remember the people and causes you hold dear. We appreciate that family and friends must always come first, but by supporting My WiSH Charity in this way, you will help continue to develop our hospital for the future.
If you are making a Will for the first time, or wish to update your Will, we recommend you contact a solicitor who is able to give you advice. Leaving money to a charity in your Will can make sense too because charitable gifts are exempt from inheritance tax, so it can reduce the tax on your estate. Your solicitor or financial advisor can help you with the latest in estate planning.
Below is a small list of some of the items that we have been able to purchase due to the generosity of previous legacies:
- A specialist chair that helps lift patients off of the floor if they fall
- An echo cardiology machine for cardiology diagnostics
- Bladder scanners
- A specialist table for theatres that assist children who have hip spica surgery
- A portable chest drainage system
- New upgraded hoists
- Enhanced training for medical staff
- A twin baby bed so twins can be nursed together
- Velvet pouches for the mortuary to return a loved one’s jewellery or a lock of hair
You can download our legacy booklet with all the information you need regarding leaving a gift to My WiSH Charity. If you would like to visit the hospital to see the work we are doing and how legacies have helped, or for further information, please contact Michele Wood on 01284 712952 or email Legacy@wsh.nhs.uk. Any information provided will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Thinking of making a Will?
Please do not rush into making a Will. Please think carefully about who you would like your money and belongings to go to. You may find our Will planner helpful and is available for you to download.
Free Will writing service
We have now teamed up with Wills specialist Guardian Angel. This allows you to make a simple Will at no charge to yourself while leaving a legacy to My WiSH Charity if you choose.
To make your Will online please visit Guardian Angel.
- It only take 15 minutes
- Enter the discount code MYWISH-FREE-20 at check-out, which will discount your Will to free
- Every Will is double checked by an expert
- Alternatively, you can make your Will over the telephone or book a face-to-face appointment with Guardian Angel’s legal team by calling 0800 773 4014
Enhancing care for you, your family, for life